SSS FLEX BLOCK
ENHANCE ENRICH EXTEND
WEEKLY FLEX SELECTION AND ROOM SCHEDULE - CLICK HERE !
- STUDENT CHOICE
- TIME TO DIG DEEPER INTO A TOPIC OF INTEREST
- STUDY TIME
- EXTRA TIME TO FACILITATE UNDERSTANDING
- TRYING SOMETHING NEW
Flex takes place on Thursdays from 9:38 to 10:40 am. See the Flex Bell Schedule here.
PURPOSE OF FLEX
- Revisit concepts or re-learn needed skills
- Time for make-up tests, projects, assignments
- Extension activities to advance skills and abilities of those who already understand concepts being taught
- Flex is a requirement, not an option
- You will be in class and participating, not wandering the halls
- You should be engaged in the activity
- You must attend the session you are assigned to or have chosen
- Late/Absences are treated the same as regular classes. Attendance is mandatory
- Take advantage of the wide variety of choices - This is an opportunity for you to have control over your learning
STUDENT SESSION POSSIBILITIES
- Students sign up for one of his/her teacher's sessions
- School wide offerings: Students also have the opportunity to sign up for sessions put on by any teacher in the school
- Grade specific sessions: You may be assigned or asked to choose a session (grad meeting, course selections, DVR verifications)
KEY TIMES FOR STUDENTS
- The Flex schedule for each Thursday will be posted to our website by Monday for preview.
- Students must make a their Flex selection on the sign-up sheet posted on each participating Teacher's door before each Flex session.
ASSESSMENT OF STUDENTS
students making a weekly choice
attendance / participation in session
- Student assignments through Moodle (different for each grade)
SEE INSTRUCTIONS ON HOW TO ACCESS FLEX ASSIGNMENTS!
- Students can log-in to their account and check their current grade for the choice / participation section at any time throughout the year
- Each grade will have 3 assignments to complete before the end of the school year