- Big Brothers Big Sisters – in School Mentors, Looking for teen volunteers to go to a nearby elementary school for 1 hour a week and do activities/crafts
- Stream keepers program – Go out on the weekend to test local waterways for P.H. and Oxygen levels, Temperature, water quality etc.
- Lions Club Music and Dance Festival – Many shifts available, sign up will begin in the new year!
- Students who receive notification that they have won an external or entrance award must complete the Winner Confirmation Form and submit it to the Career Centre before Monday, May 27th. After that date, we can not guarantee that they will receive an invitation to Awards Night or be included in the program. Please help us ensure that everyone is recognised for their accomplishments!
- The Sardis Secondary Theatre Department is offering a Theatre Production Scholarship to graduating students who have participated in our theatre productions. To apply please submit a one page essay detailing your involvement and future education and career plans to the Career Centre by noon April 5th.
- Applications for District Authority Scholarships are due to the Career Centre by noon on April 12th. District Authority applications can be found on the Sardis Secondary website under Awards - External Specific Application forms. These awards are valued at $1250 and recognize graduating BC students for excellence in their chosen area of interest or strength.
- Applications for the Coast Capital Saving Standing Tall Scholarships are due to the Career Centre by noon on April 12th. Standing Tall scholarships are based on overcoming adversity and applications can be accessed on the following website: https://www.coastcapitalsavings.com/about-us/our-community/programs-for-youth/youth-education-awards
Youth Education Awards
- Camp Ignite: Open to grade 11 and 12 girls interested in firefighting! August 8th to August 11th, 2019. Camp Ignite is brought to you by our sponsors and fire departments - so there are no costs and no barriers to participate. If you want to apply, download and fill out the application form and bring it in to your municipality's main fire hall.
- International Summer School for Young Physicists: ISSYP is an exciting and challenging two-week program for Canadian and International high school students age 16-18 with a keen interest in theoretical physics who intend to pursue physics at the university level. The program accepts 40 students each year - 20 from Canada and 20 from around the world. Applications must be received at PI by mail/courier by March 29, 2019. A $500 (CAD) is payable upon acceptance into the program and this fee supports activities, accommodation, and meals. The balance of the program cost and air and ground transportation is covered by Perimeter Institute and partners.
- BC Okanagan's Aboriginal Programs & Services currently hosts two summer camps for aboriginal youth, Indigenous Summer Scholars Camp (going into grades 7-9) and Indigenous Summer Leadership Camp (going into grades 10-12). Indigenous Summer Scholars Camp and Indigenous Summer Leadership Camp are free programs which include all food, accommodations, events and programming. However, the cost of travel to and from these camps are NOT covered. apply online at https://students.ok.ubc.ca/aboriginal/summer-camps.html
- Explore Program is a five-week intensive French immersion program for students with any skill level in French, in Grade 11 or higher.
- Jumpstart Your Education - UFV Bachelor of Arts Jumpstart program gives you the chance to develop your academic skills and experience at the UFV Abbotsford campus before the Fall 2019 semester. Receive credit for 9 core university requirements (3 courses) in your chosen program next summer. Courses will run July 2 to August 30, 2019 with a full week schedule and one weekend residency experience.
- FOLLOW sss_career_center on Instagram for updates on scholarships and post-secondary information.