Skip to main content
There are 3 types of External Awards:
- External Standard School Mails – Due Feb. 26, 2019, standard application form, mailed by school
- External Specific School Mails – Due Feb. 26, 2019, various application forms, mailed by school
- External Specific Student Mails – various deadlines/application forms, submitted directly by student
Steps to Apply for External Standard and External Specific School Mails:
To apply for External Standard School Mails:
- Open the External Standard - School Mails (below) for a complete description of each of these awards. Decide which scholarships to apply for by carefully reading the criteria for each award.
- Complete the standard application package 2019 Standard Scholarship Application Form (below)
- You will need one complete application package FOR EACH External Standard School Mails award that you are applying for. Each package will include the following (stapled):
- 2018 SD33 Scholarship Application
- Student Reference Letters - 3 suggested, 2 minimum (keep the originals and submit photocopies).
- Budget (see Student Budget Form below)
- A copy of your and Current Report Card
To apply for External Specific School Mails
- Open the External Specific - School Mails (below) for a complete description of each of these awards. Decide which scholarships to apply for by carefully reading the criteria for each award.
- Open the External Specific Application PDF Forms menu link on left side of page for these applications.
- Complete the organization’s specific application form and staple together all required documentation. The application and documentation required will be specific to each award. Please note that not all organizations update their forms annually but the application is still current.
Print the External Checklist (below).
- This will list all of the External Scholarships that will be handed in to the school on the due date (External Standard - School Mails and External Specific - School Mails). External Standard School Mails, which use the standard 2018 SD33 Scholarship Application Form, are marked with * on the checklist.
Place all completed application packages (both Standard and Specific) in one pile and organize them together in alphabetical order.
On top of your pile of applications, attach the External Checklist (below) with the scholarships you are applying for checked off. No title page is required.
Hand in to the school on the due date. The school will submit these applications to the donors for you.
Steps to Apply for External Specific Student Mails:
Open the External Specific - Student Mails (below) for a complete description of each of these awards.
Complete the organization’s specific application form and staple together all required documentation.
The student is 100% responsible for getting these applications to the donor group by the deadline. These applications are not handed in to the school.
There are many additional external awards that are available in the community and nationally from businesses and post-secondary institutions that are not included on this list. You can find these through scholarship websites, internet searches and in local advertising. Keep an eye on the career bulletin board for new scholarship opportunities.
Information & Announcements