- Getting Started
- Internal Awards
- External Awards
- External Specific Application PDF forms
- Additional Information
- There will never be a better time to apply for scholarships than right now! The greatest number of opportunities for being awarded a scholarship will occur in your graduation year.
- A little work can go a long way! Scholarships applications that require a bit more effort to complete often receive fewer applications, which increases your chances of winning.
- Preparing early will make the application process much easier – see the ‘Getting Started’ link on the left for what you can do right now.
- To be amongst the best qualified applicants, students are encouraged to begin planning their extracurricular activities and volunteer experiences starting already in grade 10, and work diligently through grades 10, 11 and 12.
Understanding Financial Awards:
An award may be in the form of money or a prize such as a book or trophy. Such an award is made on the basis of the students’ academic achievement, attitude, and/or contribution to the school and community.
A scholarship is a gift of money awarded on the basis of high academic achievement or other criteria as outlined by the donor.
A bursary is awarded primarily on the basis of need and a satisfactory achievement or other criteria as outlined by the donor.
A student loan must be repaid. Government student loans are based on your assessed financial need. For information contact: http://www.aved.gov.bc.ca/studentaidbc/apply/welcome.htm